Division With Remainders
Practice division with remainders using Sumdog's free math games. The class divides up into teams and races to answer the questions shown in each game. The team to answer the most questions wins the round - play can continue as long as desired, with two levels of difficulty.
Give us feedback about this lesson!
- KS2 - Calculations (Number operations and the relationships between them)
- KS3 - Calculations (Number operations and the relationships between them)
- Second - Number and number processes (MTH 2-03a)
- Third - Number and number processes (MTH 3-03b)
- Review division with remainders (5 min)
- Play Sumdog games (25 min)
- Divide the class into two teams and have them line up
- Open Sumdog and project onto a screen or interactive whiteboard. Select any game to start (it might be easiest to play single-player or against the computer).
- Choose "Training" as the activity, then select Level 7 - "Dividing by 1 to 5 with remainders"
- When the game starts, the players at the front of each line race to answer the question. First to answer correctly moves to the back of the line.
- Continue until the end of the game. The team who has had the most players answer questions wins this round.
- Start over and continue with any game. To give the class an extra challenge, choose Level 8 - "Dividing 2-digit numbers by 1-digit numbers with remainders"
- The team who wins the most rounds by the end of the activity is declared the winner.